26 June 2018
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Suite 103, 95-109 Crown Street, Wollongong New South Wales 2500
Free of charge
Are you worried about how much technology your child is accessing? Do you have screen time fights or even meltdowns when you take the phone, tablet or TV away? Like you, many parents deal with these challenging parenting situations daily.
In this talk, Dr Rosina McAlpine, creator of the Win Win Parenting program, will share:
• Practical strategies to effectively manage screen time in a way that’s good for parents and good for kids.
• Recommended guidelines for technology use by children.
• Many harms of excessive or incorrect technology use (physical, social and psychological).
• Practical Strategies to minimise the harms and maximise the benefits of technology.
• Education and awareness as a parent, so you can make the most of technology for all members of your family.
• Question and answer session.
About the presenter:
Dr Rosina McAlpine, is an author, parent, multi-award-winning educator, researcher and CEO of Win Win Parenting. Win Win Parenting supports time-poor, busy working parents effectively navigate the work-family interface so they can succeed at home and at work. Parents learn practical strategies to manage day-to-day parenting challenges like struggles with technology, emotional outbursts and keeping calm even in the most volatile of situations. Dr Rosina appears regularly in the media and her practical evidence-based parenting programs support parents working across a variety of professions.